World Sleep Day Comp Terms + Conditions
1. The promoter: The Sleep Teacher (“the Promoter”). The competition is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or over. Employees of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter the competition, as are their immediate families.
2. The competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged by the Promoter, based upon individual creative merit. All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
3. To enter, entrants must fill in the form including their first name, last name, email address and original answer to the question “In 25 words or less, tell us why you or a mum you know should win” on this page (insert hyperlink to comp page)
4. The competition period commences on the 16 March 2023, 00:00 AEDT. Entries close 20th March 2023, 11:59 AEDT. After this date and time no further entries to the competition will be permitted. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
5. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition, these terms and conditions or any prize without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition or prizes will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or infringing or defamatory language. The Promoter’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, disqualify any entrant and declare any or all entries made by an entrant invalid if an entrant:
8. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and agencies associated with this competition. Each entrant hereby assigns to the Promoter all copyright and other intellectual property rights in their entry and all materials and content submitted to the Promoter as part of their entry.
9. The prize is non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. Any attempt to resell or auction all or any part of this prize will result in an immediate cancellation of the prize. Prize cannot be exchanged. In the event that, for any reason whatsoever, a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any component of the prize for an itinerary of equal value at their discretion.
11. The prizes are to the minimum value of $840 AUD. Prize values are accurate as at 16 February 2023. Prizes include:
12. Any additional spending money, flights, meals, insurance, taxes, passports, visas, travel insurance, extra accommodation, items of a personal nature, inoculations, travel to and from departure point, and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner. Unless expressly stated, all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
13. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, in connection with this competition and the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by laws.
14. The prize is subject to availability as determined by the Promoter and valid for redemption from 20 March 2023 to 20 March 2024. Blackout periods may apply at designated hotels that the prize is redeemed towards.
15. Entries will be judged by the Promoter on 20 March 2023 and the winners will be contacted via email.
16. If the winners cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 48 hours of notification, then the prize will be forfeited by the winner and a new winner will be selected by the Promoter. The promoter will only notify the prize winner.
17. The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. By entering this competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
19. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
20. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be collected, used and stored by the Promoter.
21. The Promoter is The Sleep Teacher, Level 5, 55 Hunter St, Newcastle, NSW, 2300 , ABN: 80 621 254 788